Notifications
Clear all

Auto Mag Progress Update

1,711 Posts
106 Users
952 Reactions
91.9 K Views
(@skinny)

Hopefully all the initial “responsiveness” from Automag after winning their court case wasn’t just bs to make it seem like they were keeping customers updated.

It’s been a month since we’ve received any update from @robautomag.

https://my.automag.com/participant/robautomag/activity/

ReplyQuote
(@mtn_eagle)

The silence is deafening  

Has anyone called the factory for an update recently?

ReplyQuote
(@robautomag)
Estimable Member Admin Member

I’ve been down for over a week because I’ve been very sick. I got back behind the desk Monday and am trying to catch up. The list has not been updated due the tech director and all of us getting our new production software set up and ready to go. Hopefully, when it is set up so we will not need to manually update the backorder list and it will make our work lives in general a lot easier. We are still making guns as fast as we can. I’m talking with Patrick to get a production update out as soon as possible as well as to get the backorder list updated.

Bartwatkins, tressler, jfleisher and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@andyc)
Reputable Member

Look after yourself, Rob, you're the hero nobody wants to lose.

jfleisher reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bartwatkins)
Estimable Member

@robautomag thank you both for all your hard work and for the update Rob!! I hope you are feeling better!!

ReplyQuote
(@bartwatkins)
Estimable Member

Also guys….

I just was able to pick up a 1974 High Standard marked El Monte .44 AutoMag this week!!! I have been watching videos about serial numbers and mine is one of the A0 serial numbed guns (versus the H0 serialed ones that High Standard first issued) manufactured after April 19, 1974 after High Standard lost their “exclusive distributorship” and apparently Harry Sandford took back over production of the guns just before Lee Juras took over.

Anyway I’m as excited as a 6 year old kid on Christmas morning and I’ll post pics as soon as I get it re-assembled. It’s broken down in parts at the moment.

AndyC reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bartwatkins)
Estimable Member

a couple of pics (sorry this is off topic but it’s cool)!

AndyC and blazenet reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bartwatkins)
Estimable Member

ReplyQuote
(@bartwatkins)
Estimable Member

ReplyQuote
(@bartwatkins)
Estimable Member

Last one…

ReplyQuote
(@dodgeramcharger)
Trusted Member

@bartwatkins congratulations, that is beautiful! The first one I ever saw in person was a High Standard, the guys who created the 180s were artists of the first order for sure. Absolutely the most beautiful firearm ever designed!

Bartwatkins reacted
ReplyQuote
(@robautomag)

Just letting you guys know. If you get any email from Patrick right now don’t open any attachments. From what I understand Patrick’s email has been compromised. I will keep you guys updated.

Bartwatkins and far_shot reacted
ReplyQuote
(@robautomag)

the list should be updated Monday. Once we have the production software up and running it should be automated but at this time it is a manual job.

We just received a lot of cocking pieces. from what I remember it was around 100.

on another topic, I was trying to do a poll, but I could not get it to work. We have a customer that has a terminal illness and we would like to get his gun to him. How would you guys feel if he were to move him to the top of the list or close to the top? We have done this one other time in the past for a customer in the same situation. Just wanted to be as open and honest with you guys and get your option.

ReplyQuote
(@hutch38)

@robautomag I’m fine with the guy that sick getting moved up on the list .. I hope everybody is on board for this

ReplyQuote
(@bartwatkins)
Estimable Member

@robautomag - yes totally okay with that, I know who you are talking about and that would be wonderful to move him to the top of the list.

also on a side note, I need to call you on Monday and ask you a parts question.

ReplyQuote
Page 113 / 115
Share:

Never Miss A Detail

Get our Newsletter.

Don't worry. We don't have time to spam you or sell your info.