Clear all

Used Auto Mag 180-D

11 Posts
5 Users
1 Reactions
(@426mopar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi, has anyone on here ever come across a Auto Mag 180-D for sale on any of the online Gun Brokers?

(@dodgeramcharger)
Trusted Member

There was a 6 1/2 polished 180-D on GunBroker last year, I think. 

ReplyQuote
(@426mopar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@dodgeramcharger -Kind of curious as to what a sale of one of these new ones would bring, being the wait time is so long. There is a real nice Pasadena 180 on Gunbroker right now at current bid of $2,750.00 It has a few more hours before auction closes. Item#996984337

ReplyQuote
(@dodgeramcharger)
Trusted Member

@426mopar I see there's a bid on that one, so it will sell this time. Kind of hard to believe that description is accurate, the pictures look like the bolt and cocking piece have been worked on, maybe it's just the way they look. The price seems kinda low for a Pasadena anyway, if I remember right, the new one last year went for a bit more than the price to order one. It was a real nice one too. I sure can't see anyone losing money selling one! Good luck with the hunt, there are some good ones out there for sure!

ReplyQuote
(@426mopar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@dodgeramcharger - I would probably bid on this one if I wasn't already vested in the 180-D. I always wanted the "Dirty Harry" version with the longer barrel.

ReplyQuote
(@dodgeramcharger)
Trusted Member

@426mopar good choice, I got a 6 1/2 satin classic last year, it's been awesome. Once they get caught up with the backorders I hope to get a polished 8 1/2 upper, and if they offer them a .357 upper too. Maybe someday I'll get a N Hollywood or El Monte, a shooter more than a collector gun.

ReplyQuote
(@radarluv55)
Eminent Member

There's a new listing on Gunbroker for a Harry Sanford Commemorative 180 in new old stock condition.  Allegedly unfired.  Should be one to watch for sure.

ReplyQuote
(@426mopar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@radarluv55 - That is one sweet looking 180, if it had the vent rib 8.5 barrel....boy oh boy. I didn't know they had the polished versions back then, other than the Movie Gun.

ReplyQuote
(@pantera-mike)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @426mopar

@radarluv55 - That is one sweet looking 180, if it had the vent rib 8.5 barrel....boy oh boy. I didn't know they had the polished versions back then, other than the Movie Gun.

Well, this gun isn’t exactly from ‘back then’. Notice that it’s an Irwindale gun, from the very end (or, arguably, after the end) of what we typically think of as Auto Mag production. Thus gun would have been built in the middle or late 1980s, I think?

ReplyQuote
(@bob-cohee)
Estimable Member Owner Member

Posted by: @pantera-mike

Posted by: @426mopar

Well, this gun isn’t exactly from ‘back then’. Notice that it’s an Irwindale gun, from the very end (or, arguably, after the end) of what we typically think of as Auto Mag production. Thus gun would have been built in the middle or late 1980s, I think?

The Harry Sanford Commeoratives were produced after Harry passed away in the late 90's by Galena Industries, the successor to AMT.

The first ones were marked Irwindale, Ca. and the later ones were marked Sturgis, South Dakota.  Actually, Larry Grosman built all of them in his shop in Hesperia, California from left over parts.  They planned on selling up to 1000 of them but only 59 were ever made.

Larry built #1000 for himself.

PackHawk reacted
ReplyQuote
(@radarluv55)
Eminent Member

@bob-cohee Wow, that's good info.  Thanks Bob!  The same seller has posted another one:  Ultra Rare High Standard TDE Automag AMT 180 .44 El Monte, Cali Collector - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 999191959

ReplyQuote
Share:

Never Miss A Detail

Get our Newsletter.

Don't worry. We don't have time to spam you or sell your info.